Dr. Gabriella Rivera, L.Ac., DAOM
Chicago Expert Acupuncture Practitioner
Gabriella first discovered acupuncture was when she was exploring deeper ways to support her patients in her holistic health practice over 16 years ago. She now incorporates her knowledge of holistic health and nutrition with acupuncture and Chinese medicine to empower her patients and address both physical and emotional imbalances.
Gabriella is nationally board certified by the NCCAOM. She graduated with a Masters of Science in Traditional Chinese Medicine from Five Branches University in Santa Cruz, California and with a Doctoral Degree (DAOM) from Five Branches in San Jose, California.
Gabriella’s worked in a variety of clinical setting that include community acupuncture, private practice and integrative clinical settings. She has extensive experience working with Veterans and specializing in pain management and PTSD. Her other specialties include treating digestive and mood disorders, stress/anxiety and fibromyalgia and adrenal fatigue.
Gabriella is passionate about travel and has lived in several countries and states in the US throughout her life. She loves exploring and learning about new cultures and traditions. She also has a passion for photography and film and received her bachelor's degree from Chicago’s Columbia College and her first Masters degree from the New York Institute of Technology in NYC. In her spare time she loves connecting with nature, staying physically active, and spending quality time with friends and family.
- MS in Traditional Chinese Medicine, Five Branches University (MSTOM) (Santa Cruz, California)
- Doctorate in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, Five Branches University (DAOM)(San Jose, California)
- BA in Fine Arts and Photography Columbia College (Chicago, Illinois)
- MA in Communication Arts (New York, New York)
- NCCAOM Board Certified in Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Illinois Licensed Acupuncturist (L.Ac.)
- Certified in Clean Needle Technique (CCAOM)
- Certified in Mei Zen Cosmetic Rejuvenation Acupuncture (Martha Lucas L.Ac.)
- Certified in Doa Needling Therapy, Brian Bowen, M.S. Ac., Dipl.Ac
- Certified Holistic Health Counselor, Institute for Integrative Nutrition (New York, New York)
Ancient Healing For Modern Living
Within these pages, you'll learn about ancient treatment methods of Chinese medicine in a way that is easy to understand. Read more about how acupuncture and herbal medicine can create lasting health + resilience in today's modern world.