Carissa Kelly, MSTCM, L.A.c.
Chicago Expert Acupuncture Practitioner
Carissa Kelly is a licensed acupuncturist and herbalist with more than 5 years of experience bringing balance + wellness to patients across the country. Carissa specializes in women’s health with a primary focus on fertility and postpartum issues. She also brings years of experience treating mental health, including stress management, anxiety, depression, insomnia, and hypersomnia.
Originally from the Midwest, Carissa graduated with a bachelor’s degree in nutritional sciences from Michigan State University. She continued pursuing her passion for healing the mind, body, and spirit by earning a Master’s degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine from the American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine in San Francisco. After spending the past decade treating patients in the Bay Area, Carissa returned home to her roots to join Herb + Ōhm in 2018.
- MS in Traditional Chinese Medicine, American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (San Francisco, CA)
- BS Nutritional Sciences (Michigan State University)
- NCCAOM Board Certified in Traditional Chinese Medicine
- CCAOM Board Certified in Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Illinois Licensed Acupuncturist (L.Ac.)
- California Licensed Acupuncturist (L.Ac.)
- Certified in Clean Needle Technique (CCAOM)
- Certified in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (American Heart Association)
- Certified in Mei Zen Cosmetic Rejuvenation Acupuncture (Martha Lucas, L.Ac.)
- Member, American Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (AAAOM)
- Advanced Clinical training in 5 Element Acupuncture (2 year postgraduate work)
- Certified Yoga Teacher
- Certified Massage Therapist: Shiatsu
Ancient Healing For Modern Living
Within these pages, you'll learn about ancient treatment methods of Chinese medicine in a way that is easy to understand. Read more about how acupuncture and herbal medicine can create lasting health + resilience in today's modern world.